Suffering From Erectile Dysfunction? 3 Things You Should Know
The majority of people that visit chiropractors do this to find relief from back and neck pain, but this is not the only benefit chiropractic services offer. You can seek help from a chiropractor for almost any medical problem you have, including erectile dysfunction (ED). If you are having trouble getting or keeping an erection, here are three things you should know:
You Are Not Alone
While this problem is not one that most men like to talk about, you should realize that you are not alone. Approximately 18 million men in the U.S. suffer from ED, and as you age your chances of developing ED become greater.
ED is a result of many things, but men are more likely to have it if they:
- Use tobacco
- Consume a lot of alcohol
- Do not exercise
- Are overweight
- Have diabetes, heart disease, or high blood pressure
- Have low testosterone
In addition, Mayo Clinic reports that the brain plays a huge role in a man's ability to perform. A man may begin experiencing problems if he is depressed or having relationship problems.
Visits To a Chiropractor Are Beneficial
Visiting a chiropractor could make a difference for you, and this is because chiropractic services focus on treating the nervous system. The ability to get an erection highly depends on the body's nervous system, which is responsible for controlling all of the body's organs and functions.
When you visit a chiropractor, like those at Excellence In Health Chiropractic & Rehab Clinic, he or she will adjust your back and neck. For ED, the chiropractor is likely to focus on adjusting your lower back because this is the area that is most likely affecting your ability to perform.
An adjustment to this area will relieve pressure from the nerves, and this will allow blood to flow more freely. When the adjustment takes place, you will probably hear cracking sounds. While these are not your bones cracking, they are important. These sounds are gas bubbles that are released from the adjustment, and the bubbles prevent the nerves from functioning at full capacity.
When the gas is released, it will improve the way blood flows in your body, and this is essential for getting an erection.
Changes In Your Lifestyle Can Also Help
If you want to reduce the symptoms of ED, you can go to a chiropractor regularly, but you may also want to make some other changes in your life. Here are some of the changes that can help:
Your health has a lot to do with your sexual performance, and finding ways to become healthier can make a difference. To get healthier, you should:
- Find a way to lose weight – being overweight can drain your energy and can impact your sexual ability. Losing weight will often restore a man's natural desire for sex and may improve the way his penis functions.
- Stop bad habits – alcohol and tobacco use are two things that do not mix well with sexual performance. Both cause ED and you can get healthier by dropping these habits.
According to Medic8, psychological factors may also be a contributing factor to your performance. To overcome these, you can:
- Find ways to lower your depression and anxiety levels – while medication might help with these problems, certain medications can decrease sex drives. Instead of using medicine to fight these things, find natural ways to do this. One idea is to visit a therapist so you can talk about your feelings. Another way to do this is through exercising.
- Work on your marriage or relationship – a bad marriage can lead to problems in the bedroom. Talk to your mate about this and see if you can find ways to overcome these relationship problems.
If you want to fix this problem, begin by going to a chiropractor. With the right help and changes in your life, you may discover that your sexual performance can improve, and this could make your love life so much better.